So I've got like 10 days until I hop on a plane and head to Mozambique for the summer. I'd love to say that I am excited, but I have barely even had time to think about it. Finished my semester about a week ago, passed all my classes, then headed up to Colorado for a camp with my christian fellowship here at NAU, and then I'm working 50 hours this week to have funds while I'm gone. Crazy Busy...
But yeah, when I do get time to think about the trip Im excited, haha. I really dont know what to expect so Im in crazy anticipation which is really good. Usually when I dont have any expectations about things they turn out awesome because I cant put limits on what God is going to do. He's doing a really good job at keeping this trip a mystery so He can work in whatever way is necessary. I still cant really believe that I'll be in Mozambique in 10 days.. It bows my mind that I'm getting to do something like this.
Anyways, that was my personal reflection time, haha. If you're reading this then you've decided to support me prayerfully or financially (or happened upon it randomly) and for that I thank you. It means so much to me that you have all decided to support me in whatever ways you can this summer. It is a HUGE blessing! Im going to attempt to keep up this blog as often as I can with stories, pictures, and prayer requests over the summer. Please know that the things that Im going to post here are going to be unbelievable at times. I promise that Im not fabricating any of the stories that will end up here. God is really moving in amazing ways in the area of Mozambique that I will be working in over the summer. There are going to be stories of deliverance from witchcraft and curses, demons, healing of the spirit, healing of the physical, miraculous signs and wonders. All kinds of really GOOD stuff. Im excited to get these stories from the bush where they are usually lost out to you, my friends, family, and supporters. Im going to bring the things that I see and learn and make sure I do all I can to make them a reality in my life here in America. Its going to be great.
So 10 days out. I've got a few prayer requests and praises for y'all. First praises. I am officially going to be able to make this trip financially. Im still in need of another 700 dollars, but my church has decided to loan me the money so I can pay my tuition and get things squared away. So thank Jesus for that blessing! but also please keep praying for funds to come in as I'll need to pay this loan pretty quick. If you're still interested in funding me or know others who would be interested please know that funds will still be accepted even after I leave. Any left over money will be donated to Iris after I get back!
Also have a praise for this last week. I spent it in Colorado with my christian fellowship and a lot of good stuff happened (probably do a post on the week soon) gained alot of confidence in leadership positions, personal walk, and relationships with friends. It was amazing.
I also was blessed by someone taking my rent over the summer! There's a guy from Bethel Church in Redding California coming down to fill my spot, so good!
The few requests I have are pretty general. I really need prayer for preparation in the next week and a half. I still need to decide what to pack, get a few books for the school, buy different required items that I dont have, and try to keep from getting sick before I take off. I've also started a malaria medication and I'm not really sure how I'll react to it if i do at all. Pray that I might remain sane, haha. Finally, just be praying that Im open to what God has to teach me this summer. I want deep revelation, confidence in taking risks, desperation for His presence, rest, all the good stuff. And if He brings other things to your mind please pray for those as well =)
Thats all I've got for now. Can't wait to begin updating you on the amazing adventure He's about to take me on. Love y'all!
-Jon Watson
I'll be praying for you friend :) Best wishes
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for you as well Jon!
ReplyDeletePrayers are with you as well from your family. From Mom's perspective, as we packed, we discovered the agony of the additional weight and carry on fees that the airlines have in place now. He was fine for Delta travel, but once he got to LAM (Johannesburg to Pemba)-found he was limited to 2 kilos, about 44 pounds. OUCH! The "less necessary" stuff is still sitting on the family room floor! Keep Jon in your prayers. Last we heard from him was Wednesday at around 1 in the afternoon as he prepared to take off from Minneapolis for a VERY long flight to Amsterdam. Layover there for 4 hours, then on to Johannesburg, then to Pemba on Friday morning. Looking forward to hearing of an amazing summer!!
ReplyDelete