Hey everyone!
Sorry it took me so long to get an actual update out to all of you. Its been a pretty hectic few weeks for me here in Pemba and the times i actually make it to town to snag internet i find that there are already a bajillion other students at the computers, haha. But yeah, just so you all know I did make it, Im alive, and Im enjoying the things that God is doing already!
Firts two weeks here have consisted of a lot, and while Ive been keeping a pretty thourough journal, Im not sure if I can put everything into perspective right now, but I'll do my best. The school has been awesome so far. God is really showing up in every one of our meetings and people are already experiencing breakthrough that usually takes students a few weeks or months to get to. God is just really blessing us as we come to him in our desperation. Its amazing.
Our mission school is also teaming up with the Mozambiquan Bible School pastors this summer so that we can really understand how to minister to Mozambique. We see each other as brothers and sisters and we are really looking forward to worshiping and going after God together to get a better understanding of what the kingdom of heaven is supposed to look like. Spending time with the kids on the base has also been fun. This reminds me though that I need to clarify something that I said to alot of you before I left. I described the Iris base as an orphanage, and I feel like I need to change that. While the children who have been accepted to live on the base are either orphaned or have single parents unable to take care of them, Iris aims to make sure these kids understand that they are adopted into Gods family. He is their daddy, and they are his kids. Thus, they are not orphans. I think that this concept of adoption is something that many of us dont understand, even if youre born into a strong family. Ephisians 1:2+change tells us that we are adopted into the family of God and that we are considered his sons. This is a concept, even to me, that has not completely sunk into our hearts. I urge you to think about how you see yourself in Gods family. Understand that you're not slaves, but friends and sons to God, and because of this you have access and authority to the things and promises that God has given us.
If you could, just continue to be praying for us as students as well as the Mozambiquan pastors to come into unity with each other. Pray that God would continue to reveal his heart to us, that we would be open to being renewed and streched, and that we would learn to love those around us more than ourselves. I hope to share amazing testimonies and truths with you as we go along. Feel free to leave any questions or encouragement and Ill do my best to reply next time I'm on. Love you guys!
I'm so glad to hear you are alive!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful to see your blog, that you arrived and are enjoying the Lord's work. Yes, Jonathan, you are correct, we are each a child of Heavenly Father. We are His sons and daughters created in his image. Have a blessed week!
ReplyDeleteI really liked what you said, Jon, about being children to God, not orphans, and feeling his grace by virtue of being a part of a family relationship with Him. :) That's really cool and it makes me reflect on how I view my relationship to the Lord. Of course, I'll continue praying for ya and asking God to bless your experiences as He has done so far! I'll keep myself updated through this blog post.
ReplyDeleteHave been praying and wondering how you have been. Glad to see you are already having good experiences.
ReplyDeleteDeanna