Hey Y’all,
Next update here from Mozambique! This week has been an amazing time of growth for me. On Tuesday during worship I had this frustration that I couldn’t get rid of. I felt God simply say, “go down, go down.” So I did. I laid facedown on the dusty floor of our school hut and just sought a deeper desperation for God, and He really gave it. I can’t really explain it or put it into words, but it was an amazing time for those few minutes when I was really aware of God’s presence and I know that I was taken to new levels in him. It was good stuff! And today (Thursday) was much of the same. We’ve been learning a lot about joy, which is a topic in Christianity that is a bit controversial. So often we’re taught that it’s not okay to have joy over stuff, which is just ridiculous. I mean, c’mon, Jesus saved us from death. How can we not get excited over that?! If we’re not going to enjoy God and the things that he does, then why are we even Christians? If we’re not going to enjoy church, why go? People can tell whether or not we love something. If you’re going to share Jesus with someone and choose not to be excited over the things of God, then why should they listen to you? If we’re getting bored with Jesus then we’ve got a few issues we need to figure out. Anyways, Thursday I just had a revelation about the joy that I get from understanding Gods love for me. Its just so good! I’ll be praying for all of you that read that God gives fresh revelation of his love and goodness, and that you experience joy from it! Its ok to feel joy, its ok to enjoy God. He loves the attention =)
So a few other cool stories happening here. Heidi was recently sharing with us that something crazy has happened with relations between us and the Mozambique government. When Heidi and Rolland (Iris ministries) first started in Mozambique they were given an abandoned children’s center. It was run down, completely gutted of everything of value, and was filled with children who nobody wanted. They had bloated stomachs from lack of food and were living in their own bathrooms. In time Iris turned the center around, rebuilt, and began feeding the kids by the provision of God. At some point the government decided they did not like the Christian teachings that the Bakers were giving the kids and evicted them from the center, making every child walk 15 miles across Mozambique to get to the other base. At the time, God told Heidi that he would one day return the base. Just last week, over 10 years after that promise, the Mozambique government came to Heidi and asked her to train the workers on this old base. So good! We also had a conference in a village about 30 minutes from our base. There were about 3,000 people who attended over the weekend. Iris had bought a bunch of break to feed the people, but unfortunately there was not enough for everyone. So they counted all the bread they had, prayed over it, and then started handing it out. They counted the number of people they fed. Not only did they feed more people than they had bread, they also had bags and bags left over! Modern day multiplication miracle =)
This is week three here for the school, which is usually the week that everyone hits “the wall.” Please keep us in your prayers to receive great rest this weekend and the ability to get over all the issues that will be arising after this week. Homesickness and roommate issues are pretty common during this time, so we’ll definitely need prayer to show each other grace in the coming weeks. Im also going out on outreach this coming weekend, so if you could be praying for that it would be amazing. During this outreach we’ll be traveling by truck through the African “bush bush” to a village that has not heard of Jesus. We’ll be presenting the gospel, and then praying for people to receive Jesus as well as praying for God to show his love through spiritual and physical healings. Its going to be a pretty intense time of spiritual warfare with the local witch doctors as well, so just be praying for increased victories for the Kingdom of Heaven.
That’s about all I’ve got time for tonight, I’ll make sure to update you on all the amazing stories from next weekend as soon as I can. Love y’all!
Nice read.
ReplyDelete(61)